Monday, July 2, 2007

The prayer of ABC's....

God Spell

By Gerard Kelly

Arrest me Oh God, until I am free

Blind me until the scales fall from my eyes

Cajole me, coral me, confront what’s soft in me

God of comfort; who will never compromise

Divorce me, my God, from all that harms my heart

Extend me beyond my feeble dreams

Fix me, firm and fast, to your unfolding future

God of visions; who is not what he may seem

Glue me, great God, in the grip of your goodness

Hold me in the harbour of your hand

Infuse me; inspire me; invest in my perfection

God of grace I will not always understand

Jump-start me, jolting God when my own ignition fails me

Kick me into life when life is waiting

Leap frog my reluctance, lead me in your dance

God of sacrifice, on whose thin ice I am skating

Mark me, wounded God, with the subtle bruise of love

Needle me with needs that crave compassion

Outrage my inhibitions; violate my isolation

God of giving who will not remain unmoved

Provoke me, powerful God, to a panoramic vision

Question me when I excuse my small ambitions

Reason with me; read intentions; renew imagination

God of dreams who can do more than I can dream of

Scorch me, searing God, when my temperature is falling

Traumatise me when my spirit is sedated

Upset my dull routines; undermine my oversleeping

God of wildfire, who will not be domesticated

Vaccinate me, holy God, against the selfish gene’s encroachment

Wash the self-inflicted wounds of my false feelings

X-ray my heart until every motive shows

God of hygiene, holding out for my full healing

Yearn for me God of love whose very life is longing

Zero-in on every hindrance to my wholeness

Zoom-in on my mind-maps

Zone-out my danger zones

God of endings who will leave no song unended

1 comment:

Jess said...

Ah gosh that's so good. Just wow.

Thumbs up. :)