Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My prayer for today...

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

Refrain

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

Refrain

His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

Refrain

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Refrain

This is based upon the Hebrews 6:19-20 - We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where Jesus, who went before us, has entered on our behalf.

We are firmly anchored to God, we are safe, and we need not worry about being shipwrecked. Our hope, our anchor is attached to something immovable. When the storm comes, you turn to wards wherever you are anchored... I am seeing the things that have anchored asides from Christ... the storms show where my anchor slides...not bedded into Immovable, instead i drift alone, scared, and sinking... I recognise my Hope is anchored in Jesus, who has gone before me and made peace with God on my behalf. He's in the Holy of Holies at the side of the Father, offer prayers of intercession on our behalf.

Have we anchored our lives to the hope of Jesus Christ? Or to other things that we think will save us?

2 comments:

Wilby said...

"I am seeing things anchored aside,
The storms show where my anchor slides"

Just spotted this in what you had to write. Sounds like a line in a song. Or a theme.

Jess said...

<3